International Association of Gendarmeries and Police Forces with Military Status(FIEP)
European Gendarmerie Force(EGF/EUROGENDFOR)
Black Sea Littoral States Border / Coast Guard Organizations Cooperation Forum (BSCF)
BSCF Leaders Meetings was initiated in 2000 at Turkey's initiative and leadership with the participation of in Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, the Russian Federation and Ukraine
“Black Sea Littoral States Border / Coast Guard Organizations Cooperation Forum (BSCF)” was established with the agreement signed within the framework of the decision taken at the 7th Black Sea Littoral States Border / Coast Guard Leaders Meeting held in Istanbul between 07 - 09 November 2006.
Some of the foundation purposes of BCSF are as follows:
- To develop peace and stability in the region on the basis of trust and security among the Black Sea coastal states,
- To improve existing cooperation between the border / coast guard agencies to prevent drugs, psychotropic substances and their derivatives, ammunition, explosive, poisonous, heavy radioactive substances and oil trafficking, irregular migration, terrorism and other illegal activities carried out by sea and to strengthen navigation safety and security in the Black Sea,
- To establish cooperation in order to protect the natural resources of the Black Sea and to prevent violations of law of fishing and marine pollution, to make the search and rescue activities more effective with close coordination and cooperation..
Within the scope of the BSCF agreement, the following activities are organized among the member states every year.:
- Unit, Headquarters and Inter Institutional Visits
- Bilateral / Multilateral Meetings,
- Sending observer to operations
- Training of the personnel of the related states for the Coast Guard duties in educational institutions affiliated with the Coast Guard Command,
- Staff exchange,
- Reciprocal harbor visits of the boats
The "17th Leaders Meeting" was held in Burgas / Bulgaria between 29 November and 01 December 2016 within the scope of BSCF. With this meeting, BSCF term presidency has been transferred from Russia to Bulgaria.
Within the scope of BSCF activities, BSCF Working Group Meetings on "Maritime Security and Safety of Navigation in the Black Sea" in Turkey, " the Military Operational Situation Analysis and Improving of Information Exchange" in Bulgaria, " Developing a Common System for Early Detection of Illegal Activities" in Romania and "Information Exchange and Development of Information Systems on Automatic Information Exchange System (AIES)" in the Russian Federation are also held.