The purpose of the Ethics Committee is to ensure that the staff, students and trainees and subordinate units of the Gendarmerie and Coast Guard Academy comply with ethical principles in scientific research, studies, publications and activities, and their relations with the community and stakeholders, to express opinions within the framework of existing principles and rules, to create new principles and rules when necessary, to determine the duties, powers and responsibilities, working procedures and principles of the GCGA Presidency Scientific Research and Publication Ethics Board.
Ethics Committee Duties;
1) To make an assessment based on sufficient and convincing evidence in line with the ethical behavior principles and rules with the ethical problems arising in the relations of units with in relation to the science, publication, education and training activities of the GCGA Presidency staff, students and trainees and affiliated units.
2) To create new principles and rules when necessary,
3) To determine the application methods of ethical principles and rules,
4) To develop ethical principles and policies that will be based on GCGA Presidency,
5) To organize research, publication and professional ethics training and similar studies in order to spread the ethical life culture and gain ethical sensitivity in GCGA Presidency,
6) To make proposals to the Presidency for the establishment of expert ethics committees or sub-committees, if it is necessary,
7) To be responsible for performing other duties assigned in accordance with the legislation.
and the Ethics Committee Secretariat after the “Ethics Committee Approval Certificate Application Checklist” is completed.
Applications to the Ethics Committee are made through;